Queniborough, Gaddesby, Barsby and South Croxton, 3rd December 2017

Another good VBR turnout (27) on Paul's Queniborough walk ...
Click here for an interactive map
 ... to Gaddesby, Barsby and South Croxton, originally planned for March this year but postponed due to very inclement weather and probable flooding near the Queniborough and Gaddesby Brooks next to the route.  No problems with rain this time but plenty of mud.
The start next to St Mary's Church, Queniborough
St Mary's Church
Queniborough Dovecote, built in 1705 but rebuilt when it threatened to fall down
And this is what it looks like inside
Coffee stop at the Cheney arms. This unusual and interesting name is of Old French origin, introduced into England by the Normans. The derivation is from the Old French "chesne, chesnai", oak tree, oak grove, from the medieval Latin "casnetum".
Barsby Farm - "straight ahead at the red building", but don't use these instruction next time
Lunch - St John the Baptist, South Croxton
South Croxton - celebrating the Queen's Golden Jubileee, 2002